Account Executive (Baltimore)
We are seeking a software sales professional to identify and help close sales opportunities for SmartLogic’s services. You are expected to generate net new business. Your territory will be the Baltimore metropolitan area.
Our engineers will assist with creating estimates, proposals, and other materials necessary to help sell new clients on our services. You responsibility will be to identify, qualify, and help close sales opportunities that are appropriate for SmartLogic.
You will interact with C-level startup clients, and executives at established companies and nonprofits, to drive the adoption of SmartLogic services. Note that we do not sell our services to the federal government.
We will make your job easy. Our engineers present well, our proposals are thorough and are well-written, and we have a roster of happy clients. Over ⅓ of our revenue is from repeat clients — we mean it when we say we have happy clients. We have our development operations under control — now we need someone to help add fuel to the fire.
SmartLogic is a Baltimore-based consultancy that has been building custom web and mobile applications since 2005. SmartLogic works with funded startups, established organizations, and nonprofits to bring new projects to life using progressive, best-of-breed technologies and methods including Elixir/Phoenix, React Native, and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience selling agile software development services
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile software development services
- Able to identify and qualify new business opportunities under minimal guidance
- Fluent English
Desired skills, experiences, traits:
- Advanced knowledge of modern web technologies and open source frameworks
- Existing relationships with C-level executives at tech startups
- Existing relationships with executives at established companies and nonprofits
- We’ll make your job easy: You’ll have the support of the entire team. We work with when presented with legitimate sales opportunities. We have a roster of happy clients. We’re motivated to help you succeed.
- Flexible office hours: Our core office hours are from 10:00am - 3:30pm. Additionally, we work remotely on Fridays.
- Top-of-the-line tools: Standing desks, ergonomic keyboards, educational materials, etc.— we invest in whatever our developers need to do their best work.
- Eat well: We’ve got a grocery budget. Just tell us what you want us to keep in stock and we'll get it. Plus, we provide company lunch once a week.
- Engage with your community: SmartLogic sponsors and helps to organize BohConf, Ignite RailsConf, Bmore on Rails, Baltimore Elixir and Erlang, Baltimore AI / ML, and sponsors tons of community events. Have ideas of what you’d like the company to support? We’re all ears.
- The basics: We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement investment matching, and paid vacation.
- Work in a great environment: We’re dedicated to providing office space that’s aesthetically and intellectually pleasing. We’re currently located in a beautiful office with tons of windows in Canton, where we’re surrounded by other technology companies.
- Diversity and inclusion: We are continuously working to cultivate a supportive and inclusive workplace that recognizes and respects diversity of background, experience, and thought. We believe that diversity benefits both our company culture and the software we write.