Sales and Business Analyst
The primary objective of a Sales and Business Analyst is to prepare winning proposals.
Sales and Business Analysts report to the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Sales and Business Analysts are not expected to bill time.
- Interface with prospective clients in a positive, efficient, and meaningful manner
- Uses judgement appropriately to collect the right information at the right time and to develop the right artifacts, as needed
- Generate artifacts and estimates for new projects, quickly
- Generate winning proposals, quickly
- Support the VP of Sales and Marketing
- Ensure a successful handoff of deals to the development team
- Work on other special projects as assigned
Candidates for this position will have a background in the following:
- Business Analysis: some of our clients approach us without fully understanding how software can impact and improve their business operations. Business analysis is a necessary skill to have in order to design the most appropriate solutions for our clients.
- Sales: sales is an important aspect to the position, and someone that understands and has experienced the sales process will positively impact our businessshow results more quickly than otherwise. The ideal candidate will have experience managing various complex client relationships. We also prefer candidates with experience using CRM.
- Product Management: our clients come to us with projects that are on a spectrum of being poorly-defined to being well-defined. It is therefore critical to have product management experience in order to understand how to clearly define the features of the software we help our clients build.
- Software Development: someone that has experienced the nuance of software development firsthand will better understand the software development process. While the ideal candidate need not be a “rockstar developer”, we do prefer someone with more than cursory knowledge of software development
- Never drive in rush hour traffic again: You only have to be in the office from 10 am to 3:30 pm. Fill in the rest of your 40 hours when you can. Plus we work remotely every other Friday. You can choose whether to get stuff done in the office, in your favorite coffee shop, or on your couch.
- Kiss stress goodbye: We have a constantly improving process for completing client work, which eases stress and streamlines all operations in the company.
- Go-Go gadget: Choose the hardware you want and we’ll make it happen.
- Chow down, on us: We’ve got a grocery budget. Just tell us what you want us to keep in stock and we'll get it. Breakfast? Nutella? It’s on. Plus, we provide company lunch once a week.
- Learn constantly: Our projects typically last a few months, which means you’ll quickly gain experience working with a variety of technologies.
- Engage with your community: SmartLogic helps to organize BohConf, Ignite RailsConf, Bmore on Rails, and sponsors tons of community events. Have ideas of what you’d like the company to support? We’re all ears.
- Choose your own team: Our interview process is based on maintaining the best culture for creating excellent technology. You will be interviewed directly by our developers. Before too long, you could be interviewing your next teammate. Work with people you know you can teach--and learn from--because you helped to choose them.
- Team up: Not only do we talk to each other all the time, we give more than lip service to working together and trading ideas. Beyond regularly pair programming, we hash things out at weekly company lunches.
- All the basics: We offer competitive pay, medical insurance, and paid vacation.
- Work in a great environment: We’re dedicated to providing office space that’s aesthetically and intellectually pleasing. We’re currently located in an office with tons of windows in Canton, where we’re surrounded by other technology companies.