We're a web and mobile product development consultancy based in Baltimore, MD. You’ll always be learning and surrounded by smart, hardworking people.
We strive to create an environment where everyone has the freedom to create the best products for our clients. What does that mean?
- Our team is always improving our process. Have an idea for how to work smarter? We want to hear it. We’re constantly looking for ways to build better software with less stress.
- No separate project management. We know you do your best work when you control the deadlines and client expectations. There are no layers in between you and the client: you have ownership of the project.
- We emphasize communication. We have daily standup meetings, constantly hang out on chat, and encourage open and honest communication, both internally and with our clients. This reduces stress, improves your work environment, and results in better work.
We’re looking for engineers who can handle the full process, from client communication to implementation.
- Excellent technical skills. We are looking for developers with significant hands-on experience and smart developers who are early in their careers. You can hit the ground running, or grow into your full potential.
- Independence and drive. We have a systematic process, and we support each other, but we’re counting on internal motivation and initiative from every team member.
- Control your destiny. We expect our team to team to take ownership of their projects. You have the power to make decisions that will lead to the best work for our clients.
- Communication skills. Because we don’t have separate project managers, you must be adept at putting technical problems into plain English.
- Work on a team that treats code as craft: Every developer on our team is committed to agile development practices and maintaining high code quality. We’re thoughtful about crafting excellent user experiences and writing extensible, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Never drive in rush hour traffic again: You only have to be in the office from 10 am to 3:30 pm. Fill in the rest of your 40 hours when you can. Plus we work remotely every Friday. You can choose whether to get stuff done in the office, in your favorite coffee shop, or on your couch.
- Kiss stress goodbye: We have a constantly improving process for completing client work, which eases stress and streamlines all operations in the company.
- Top-of-the-line tools: Choose the hardware you want and we’ll make it happen. Standing desks, ergonomic keyboards, educational materials, etc.— we invest in whatever our developers need to do their best work.
- Eat well: We’ve got a grocery budget. Just tell us what you want us to keep in stock and we'll get it. Breakfast? Nutella? It’s on. Plus, we provide company lunch once a week. Yum.
- Learn constantly: Our projects typically last a few months, which means you’ll quickly gain experience working with a variety of technologies. We take professional development seriously and allocate the time and budget to prove it.
- Engage with your community: SmartLogic helps to organize BohConf, Ignite RailsConf, Bmore on Rails, Baltimore Elixir and Erlang, Baltimore AI / ML, and sponsors tons of community events. Have ideas of what you’d like the company to support? We’re all ears.
- Choose your own team: Our interview process is based on maintaining the best culture for creating excellent technology. You will be interviewed directly by our developers. Before too long, you could be interviewing your next teammate. Work with people you know you can teach—and learn from—because you helped to choose them.
- Team up: Not only do we talk to each other all the time, we give more than lip service to working together and trading ideas. Beyond regularly pair programming and thorough code reviews, we hash things out at weekly company lunches, and we even started a quarterly internal conference.
- All the basics: We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement investment matching, and paid vacation.
- Work in a great environment: We’re dedicated to providing office space that’s aesthetically and intellectually pleasing. We’re currently located in a beautiful office with tons of windows in Canton, where we’re surrounded by other technology companies.
- Diversity and inclusion: We are continuously working to cultivate a supportive and inclusive workplace that recognizes and respects diversity of background, experience, and thought. We believe that diversity benefits both our company culture and the software we write.