*** Before submitting your resume for this "job opening" please consider one of our other focused / specific job openings ***
We're a web and mobile product development consultancy based in Baltimore, MD. You’ll always be learning and surrounded by smart people.
We strive to create an environment where everyone has the freedom to create the best products for our clients. What does that mean?
- Our team is always improving our process. Have an idea for how to work smarter? We want to hear it. We’re constantly looking for ways to build better software with less stress.
- No separate project management. We know you do your best work when you control the deadlines and client expectations. There are no layers in between you and the client: you have ownership of the project.
- We emphasize communication. We have daily standup meetings, constantly hang out on chat, and encourage open and honest communication, both internally and with our clients. This reduces stress, improves your work environment, and results in better work.
We're looking for smart folk who can help us do the best possible work for our clients. If you aren't a developer or a designer, but you still think you can help us achieve our mission to build better software—get in touch.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Work on a team with programmers and designers: The principal is a programmer. We have BS/MSE degrees in Computer Science, or we’re expert designers. We know this stuff REALLY well.
- Never drive in rush hour traffic again: You only have to be in the office from 10 am to 3:30 pm. Fill in the rest of your 40 hours when you can. Plus we work remotely every other Friday. You can choose whether to get stuff done in the office, in your favorite coffee shop, or on your couch.
- Kiss stress goodbye: We have a constantly improving process for completing client work, which eases stress and streamlines all operations in the company.
- Go-Go gadget: Choose the hardware you want and we’ll make it happen.
- Chow down, on us: We’ve got a grocery budget. Just tell us what you want us to keep in stock and we'll get it. Breakfast? Nutella? It’s on. Plus, we provide company lunch once a week. Yum.
- Learn constantly: Our projects typically last a few months, which means you’ll quickly gain experience working with a variety of technologies.
- Engage with your community: SmartLogic helps to organize BohConf, Ignite RailsConf, Bmore on Rails, and sponsors tons of community events. Have ideas of what you’d like the company to support? We’re all ears.
- Choose your own team: Our interview process is based on maintaining the best culture for creating excellent technology. You will be interviewed directly by our developers. Before too long, you could be interviewing your next teammate. Work with people you know you can teach--and learn from--because you helped to choose them.
- Team up: Not only do we talk to each other all the time, we give more than lip service to working together and trading ideas. Beyond regularly pair programming, we hash things out at weekly company lunches, and we even started a quarterly internal conference.
- All the basics: We offer competitive pay, medical insurance, and paid vacation.
- Work in a great environment: We’re dedicated to providing office space that’s aesthetically and intellectually pleasing. We’re currently located in a beautiful office with tons of windows in Canton, where we’re surrounded by other technology companies.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!